We work closely with local Security Companies, Birmingham and Solihull Job Centre Plus, the West Midlands Combined Authority, and the Careers Service to build training courses that meet current workforce needs.
Sector Based Work Academies
Security and Anti-Terrorism
By far our most popular course is our Security Sector Based Work Academy. You will complete five qualifications:
- SIA Door Supervision (HABC)
- Certificate in Understanding Workplace Violence and Harassment (NCFE)
- Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent (NCFE)
- Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (HABC)
- Award in Health and Safety Awareness (NCFE)
Training is a mix of practical assessments, written portfolios, and multiple choice examinations.
Candidates training at our Midlands Training Facility who meet the eligibility criteria can also be funded for their SIA Door Supervisor Badge.
To be funded for any of our courses you must be:
- Unemployed in receipt of a State Benefit – Job Seekers Allowance, Universal Credit or Employment Support Allowance (Work Related)
- Have lived in the UK for the last three years
- Not enrolled on any other training/courses or apprenticeship
- SIA Requirement – hold a valid Passport, UK Drivers Licence or UK Birth Certificate issued within 12 months of birth
Spectator Safety NVQ’s
We are experts in levels two, three, and four Spectator Safety NVQ. These courses are assessed by a mixture of classroom work, distance learning portfolio, and on-the-job assessment.
The level of qualification that you work towards is based on your previous qualifications and job role. Please contact us to discuss your specific needs.
Spectator Safety Level 2
- How stewards prepare for spectator events
- How stewards control the entry, exit and movement of spectators at events
- How stewards monitor crowds and respond to potential crowd problems at spectator events
- How to respond to injuries, illnesses and other emergencies in active leisure and learning
Spectator Safety Level 3
- How to prepare stewards and venues for spectator events
- Maintain stewarding in designated areas and deal with spectator problems and emergencies
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Help to manage conflict
- Manage information and action